Wednesday, February 11, 2009

EEK

The half-marathon is in 4 days, and I'm really excited and pretty nervous. People keep asking my goal time, and I do have one but I really just want to finish. This is the culmination of 8 months of training! Honestly, I'm ready to just run to run without worrying about training. The training has been fun but stressful. It will be nice to just go for a run without worrying about time and distance and all the other variables involved in running. I'm sure this won't last long. I've become pretty competitive about this whole running thing, and I want to improve my times and get better form and everything. I'm sure I'll start training again soon, but for now it will be nice to enjoy these wonderful afternoons by taking a short run with my dog. Stay tuned for the half-marathon running narrative that will commence once it's all over! Please pray for me on Sunday! I'm going to need all the support I can get. If you happen to be downtown Sunday at 7am (and I know you all are, haha) stop by to see those of us who are running!

No comments:

Post a Comment