Monday, January 5, 2009

Thoughts on a Rainy Day

As I journey through this thing called life, I realize that I do not belong here, but I have been placed here for a specific purpose. I long to be with my Father and bask in the amazing awesomeness that is the Triune God. I yearn for the day when I can sit in my Savior's presence and truly worship Him in a perfect and pure worship without guilt or doubt. I truly long to be without pain, or anger, or trials, and to be in a place where suffering no longer exists and where it doesn't matter what you look like or how much you own. The only thing that matters is worshipping the One who created each of us, the One who sent His Son to die so that I might sit in His presence. In thinking about this picture and the hope that I one day have, I realize how much more urgent I need to be in telling others about Christ. Others need to have the same longing I have and need to know that their suffering will one day end. I'm haunted by the question "If I truly love God as much as I say I do, then why am I not telling everyone I meet about the hope that I have, which is the hope they too can have?" Why do my actions not line up with my words? Do my thoughts even match up to what I say? What will I do about this question that clangs through my ears and pervades my entire being? I could either let it continue to drag me down and make me feel guilty, or I could actually do something about it and truly live my words. This is a daily choice, and sometimes and hourly choice. I make this choice every time I encounter an individual. I choose who I will tell about Christ, which is a flawed system. I shouldn't pick and choose, but I should proclaim this to everyone. After all, Jesus didn't pick and choose based on who He liked or who looked nice or who contributed the most money. He chose all. How can I be choosy, when the Creator of the universe humbled Himself to save all?

2 comments:

  1. Welcome friend! Glad to see you on here, encouraging blog for sure. Look forward to reading more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think those are things all Christians should be strugglin with. I mean, none of us have it down right since we are flawed, so we attempt faithfulness, while continually falling short of it.

    If the tension is there... then that is your starting place. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete